[Zmagnette] door checks

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Wed Oct 30 16:12:53 MDT 2013

Does anyone know how the door checks work?  These are the things that
keep the door from opening too far.  I see how a metal bar stops the
door, and I see that there is a sort of a cushion piece that softens
the impact at the end of travel.  The door check is also responsible
for keeping the door in the open position.  How does it do that?  I'm
trying to understand the mechanism, so I can decide if I should just
bathe it in lube while I'm in there working on the window.  Thanks.

-Steve T.