[Zmagnette] [Thelist] Water pump and harmonic balancer

Kelvin Dodd doddk at mossmotors.com
Fri Dec 12 15:18:28 MST 2014

Hi Steve.

First off, try installing the pump the right way around. The deep central bit goes outwards.

434-035 and 434-045 only differ in that the later pump had a reinforcing web that requires a different smog pump bracket in it’s original application. The mounting bolt lengths are a tad different between the two, but otherwise they are the same pump.

The cast iron dual groove pulley is the correct one to go with these pumps. It was fitted from 72-about 75 when they went with a 2 piece stamped steel pulley.

You can use the cast iron pulley as is, it will clear the fan fine, when the fan is installed the right way around. I machine the outer smog pump groove off on a lathe to make it tidy. Alternatively you can use the alternator groove pulley of the later 2 piece stamped steel pulleys.

Kelvin.