[Zmagnette] Magnette Trivia - nuts bolts washers screw wing nuts lock nuts lock washers

wraylemke at compuserve.com wraylemke at compuserve.com
Fri Feb 7 04:00:52 MST 2014

Jon, that is a great list, thanks.

Wray

-----Original Message-----
From: John Elwood <mgmagnette at aol.com>
To: zmagnette <zmagnette at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thu, Feb 6, 2014 10:37 pm
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Magnette Trivia - nuts bolts washers screw wing nuts lock nuts lock washers

Alright, you guys need a hint.  Hope we can do attachments?  Attached is full list of BMC part numbers and their generic equivalent.  There are various BMC Hardware part number decoder books online.  I took the combinations and made up every single part number BMC had in theory, and then looked them all up in the Farina Magnette parts manual.  You're probably wondering... what the hell is he thinking?  First, it only took a few hours.  I want to have all the original hardware replated, but when you send it out and get it back it's all a big mess of bits. So then you have to sort them by size, figure out what the part number was, and then you'll know this screw is for the wiper motor, and this other one is for the horn, or something like that. But that's how I know how many parts are in a Farina Magnette.  Now I just need that many Sterilite boxes :)