[Zmagnette] Wiring problem

Rodger Shaver gopherdad at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 09:06:57 MST 2014

I have been frustrated with a glitch with my re-wiring job.  This is a 59 ZB with a new British Wiring harness. Regulator is the original, as are horn and signal light relays. New flasher unit form Moss. Re-wired stator tube.  Most electrical functions seem correct, e.g. the heater fan motor, the ignition, headlights.  However, when I turn on the key all four signal lights flash, along with the dome light. I have checked connections to dash panel and relays and can't find a problem. I have had trouble confirming green wire continuity from fuse box to all connections. Finally, I have four green wires at the fuse box, not the three illustrated on the ZA diagram I have in my WSM.

I need advice on how to troubleshoot this problem, everything I check seems ok or doesn't make any sense. Rodger