[Zmagnette] Venolia Pistons

Steve Hanegan steve at betterwitnesses.com
Tue Feb 18 07:53:09 MST 2014

David,

I have three sets in my cars currently, including a 1950cc MGB-GT that is using a custom set. I have used them for years with roaring success. My engine building friends at Autosport Seattle use them in everything from Ferraris to pre-war Mercedes and all of the high performance engines they build, also for the odd stuff where original equipment bits are NLA. Venolia will build you a set of custom pistons based on the dimensions and characteristics you are after at a very small premium over "off the shelf" bits. The set in my GT is a prototype that Autosport made from a clay cast of my alloy head and some measurements - this design has now been used in over 50 big bore conversions by Autosport (only counting MGs!) without a single failure.

Steve H.

Sent from Steve's iPad