[Zmagnette] Preservation

Rodger Shaver gopherdad at aol.com
Mon Jan 27 11:51:37 MST 2014

My first Magnette was a ZB with no particular provenance or interesting history.  My wife liked the two-tone car we saw at the Welches GT and assumed ours would be that way too. So the choice of a "faux" varitone was made.  Disc brakes on the front, an 1800 3-main, seat belts, etc all made sense for a car to drive as much as possible.  New carpet and interior coverings made the most sense practically and financially.

My current project, on the other hand, is a single owner car with a good story.  It was already re-painted in the original birch green so that decision was made for me. As I have been working I have tried to save as many original interior panels and leather as possible. I know that some of these things will likely not look as good and may need re-doing in my lifetime, but the history makes it worth it too me to try and preserve the original.

I think we all make reasonable choices for the car we have, keeping in mind how we plan to use the car.