[Zmagnette] wheel bearing lubrication

Fletcher Millmore gofanu at cust.usachoice.net
Fri Mar 7 18:58:58 MST 2014

Steve-
Not yr day!
68895 is not shown in Magnette/MGA Special Tools, but is in the TD/TF
book - a normal long legged puller to pull the inner bearing.
when it sticks.

It is the bearing which sticks, not the center or rear spacers. Badly
written.

"grease retaining disc & felt washer" is a reference to very early T
series, which did not have an outer grease cap - guy's copy & paste got
out of control!

As I said, dress the spindle down to an easy push fit for the inner
bearing - this is an unbelievable PITA for service, and is totally
unnecessary.  I really hated it when I was doing lots of cars. Often the
tightness was clearly due to dings or other damage to the spindle, but I
doubt that even 20% of hubs were tight enough to need a puller,
including TD/TF/.MGA/Spridget, starting in 1965 for me.

FRM