[Zmagnette] Splash guard seals

Steve Hanegan steve at betterwitnesses.com
Thu Mar 13 18:50:15 MDT 2014

Mike,

As the original seals were molded, they will be next to impossible to replicate without significant tooling charges. I have now installed a couple pair of the ones that Lou sells. Though they are flat rather than molded, with care (and a couple of minor tricks), they work very well and actually seal off the area behind the "D" panels even better than the originals did. The ones for the MGA are totally unsuitable as they are a completely different size and shape. If you are having issues with how Lou's seals are installed and work, let me know and I will step you through the process. As with many things on the Magnette, your life will be simplified a lot with the purchase of a Roper Whitney #5 Junior hand held hole punch... absolutely one of my favorite tools! Much mayhem can be created with these babies... and much time can be saved, and a much higher quality of installation/repair/fabrication as well!

Steve H.