[Zmagnette] great time piece shot of Burbank high

LannM at aol.com LannM at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 12:23:32 MDT 2014

My first car was a 59 544.  The thing was a tank and more fun that  should
be legal.

Lann

In a message dated 3/29/2014 8:38:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
bachldrs at comcast.net writes:

Wow -  THREE PV544s, a Midget, a TF, a bulletnose Studebaker, two
first-series  Corvairs (one of them a station wagon - when did you last see one of
them?),  an iconic '57 Chevy 2-door hardtop in that ever-so-popular bronze
color, and  the list goes on. Wouldncha love to see all these in one of those
Portuguese  barns somewhere?

' Brings back memories of my own PV544. 'Twas a '60 model B16 - not even  a
B18 - but it was fast enough to stay in front of most 6-cyl American cars
of  the time. And solid as a rock.  ' Traded it for a '66 Monza 2-door hdtp.
I never carried much for the 1st-series Corvairs, but those 2nd-series cars
 were and remain really good-looking to my eye. Even so, it was NO Volvo. '
 Don't know what got into me...

Thanks for sharing, Steve.

Allen

Allen  & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
Spring Creek Home  for Wayward MGs
'57  ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT
North  Street, MI 48049,  USA

http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs

On Mar 28, 2014, at 4:46 PM, Steve wrote:

Our  son sent this along.  Worth a peak . . . . some good stuff.  Our  HS
didn’t have a student parking lot, but I don’t think it would have looked
this good, had there been one.   Burbank in the 60’s, even today,  was/is a
pretty “above average” place.   This was a few years  after I left HS, but
still . . . . some great stuff there.  Surprised a  bit to see a couple of
those great ol’ PV544 Volvos . . . love those  things.  A good car for a HS
kid though . . . indestructible and easy  to fix.  Love the old trucks too.  I
could do another whole life  with old trucks.

#2SteveK

couldn't resist. Thought you would enjoy:
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/03/27/burbank-california-1966/

=