[Zmagnette] cowl vent

franklin sprafke frsprafke at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 14:18:46 MDT 2014

Hi,
In my experience the critical parts to the full opening of the cowl vent are the two hinges attached to the back of the cover.  The cover assembly is designed to pivot on those hinges so a slight movement by the opening lever translates to a large opening at the front of the vent.  When my hinges rusted and failed to function properly (in other words the darn things broke!) the entire vent would "prairie dog" or pop up only a fraction (maybe a half inch) of the normal opening distance.
Hopefully the below advice to use penetrating lubricant - especially on the hinges in back - will have you riding in air cooled / air smoothed style.
Good Luck,
Dick