[Zmagnette] MG TD

Isabel and Wayne Hardy gwhardy at suddenlink.net
Sat Nov 1 04:25:06 MDT 2014

The Volvo made such a good transplant for several reasons..not the least of
which was that the carbs were on the same side as the MG TDs so didn't
interfere with steering as did Austin based motors. We did a Willis Jeep OHV
4 cylinder transplant in our club long ago ('50s)...made a nice little
hotrod once he got a proper gear set in it so it would go faster than 65 MPH
at about 4550 rpm. Of course the little baby Ford V-8 60 was the best.
I found a Coventry Climax motor in a fork truck once but never did anything
with it!!! That would have been a nice TD too.

Wombat