[Zmagnette] Original door seal design

Edward Brorein edbro03 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 10:39:46 MST 2015

Hi,

My recollection is like that which David has just shared as well. It's two pieces. Small barbed metal clips push onto the steel lip. The rubber seal then presses onto the steel lip and is held by the barbs on the clips, and then the fuzzy piece gets pushed onto the rubber piece. The rubber piece is flat so it seals really more so along the edges of the doors, not against the face of the door which is how the bulb shaped door seals work (and makes it hard to shut the door!).

Like Dave says, Todd Clarke has reproduced this original style seal for MGAs.

Regards,
Ed