Sunday Driving

From: Tony Leeming (TLEEMING(at)city.nanaimo.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 14 1995 - 15:41:00 CST

>Fellow Alpinites,

>Please bestow your wisdom as to what the best gearbox oil would be to use
in
>my SV Alpine gearbox. It's time to change it! Thanks in advance.

>For all you winterbound Alpiners: I just wanted to let you know (and rub it
>in in!) it was just over 70 and sunny here in southern California today
>(Sunday). I took my Alpine on a pleasurable 2 hour jaunt down Mulholland
Dr.
>- it's really clear here this time of year and I could see for miles as I
>traversed the windy road on top the hill that separates the Los Angeles
basin
>from the San Fernando Valley. My ride was a little longer than expected,
>though - I got to close to Brentwood and caught in O.J. traffic!

Oh sure, rub it in !! Us Northerners did have our "Alpine" experience
on Sunday - it was 15" of fluffy white stuff on top of Mt. Washington
and there was no problem with visibility or traffic !!

Tony Leeming Nanaimo, Vancouver Island,
 British Columbia, Canada. (tleeming(at)city.nanaimo.bc.ca.)
1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series 2 ( My Pine )
1976 Mercedes 450SLC
1983 Toyota Landcruiser SW