Dash lip

From: BSD%mimi(at)magic.itg.ti.com
Date: Thu Nov 02 1995 - 09:31:23 CST

>Also, does anyone know what was used to finish the lip under the dash
>pad? I have heard that this strip was originally black painted
>cardboard, but I have seen some people glue in black vinyl.

I have a Series II that seems to still have the original. It appears to be the
same textured finish fiber/cardboard they used in the trunk, though it may be
a bit thinner. It's a random grain rather than the pebble pattern. I have
bought similar textures in vinyl for other projects and suspect that
availability makes it the leading option for replacement. It is black. It
looks like it is made out of two pieces with an overlap or butt joint around
the middle of the dash; they probably weren't too concerned about appearances
since it is not highly visible.

Bob Douglas '62 S. II