Re: Series II Tiger

From: Gary Winblad (winbladg(at)apps5.credence.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 1996 - 12:22:00 CST

>I would like to convert my Series II to a V-8. Has anyone tried this? I
>heard that you must rework the transmission tunnel. Any other obvious
>problems? Will the front and rear sunspension bolt up? Thanx for the help.

It could be done. The tranny tunnel is just sheet metal, you would have
to build a totally new one (or steal one out of a Tiger). The big problem
is the steering! You could get it out of a Tiger but this is expensive.
You would probably be better off by restoring the Alpine, selling it and
buying a Tiger (and because prices are cheap right now).

Gary