Re: What a bunch of . . .

From: VILIO(at)aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 19 1996 - 15:13:31 CST

Frank said:

>>Subject: Re: What a bunch of . . .
>>
>>In a message dated 96-03-13 16:28:29 EST, rs11(at)elsegundoca.attgis.com
(Ramon
>>Spontelli) writes:
>>
>>>but what about the survivors of the
>>>nearly SEVENTY THOUSAND Alpines?
>>
>>Parts Cars.
>Whoa! I smell the birth of a new string! How about a Letterman style "Top
>10 Uses for a Dead Alpine"?
>
>10. Crush 2 Alpines, put in your living room as end tables.
>9. Fill with dirt, makes a great flower box.

The rest of the snide comments from one obviously uninitiated deleted to
save bandwidth.

I know of a few Alpines that would give you "ackerman challenged" jokers a
run for your money on a autocross or tight road course. It is obvious that
someone needs to teach you guys a lesson!

As far as looking at other cars and meeting their owners (I guess that this
is one of the big attractions at a SUNI, right?), there is more variety (at
least in stock form) and bueaty (my opinion, also pertaining to stock) to be
found with Alpines than Tigers. And, from my limited experience the Alpine
owners are just as nice and tend to be a little less arogant!

Give the Alpine some respect. If it had never been you'd be looking for a
215 for your MGB and wishing you had the bucks for a Cobra.

As the sometime owner of eight Series V Alpines and one Tiger, my Alpines
have been so nice that I cannabalised the Tiger to keep B395010895 in rare
form. All things being considered I must say it was the right move, the
underside of the tiger was looking rather scary. The remains were sold off
in 1986 and I found the car again three years later, cosmetically looked
great but you could not have gotten me behind the wheel,
I fully believe the car was going to fold up on someon when they stomped the
pedal.

Drive the good ones and keep the parts flowing from the others to those in
need!