Tech Articles

From: TEdlund(at)aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 27 1996 - 23:29:46 CST

I read with some interest the thread concerning newsletter articles. The
gist was, I don't want to subscribe to all the various club newsletters to
get a few technical articles, is there a way to just get the tech stuff. The
thought being the majority content of the various club newsletters is local
event information which is useless to non-locals.

As the editor of a local newsletter, Sunbeam Owners Group of San Diego, I was
wondering what other editors or club officers thought about the sharing of
their club generated technical articles? Is this information proprietary, or
free to be shared?

I have always been a little hesitant to re-publish articles from other
newsletters, not knowing the property rights involved.

Our club policy is that our articles are free for the taking. We feel that
such articles aid in the flow of information to owners of the marque. In
fact, we feel complimented that someone else thought enough of one of our
articles to re-print it.

I would like to see all clubs state a policy regarding re-publication of
their tech articles. I would also like that policy to aid the flow of
information.

Any thoughts?

Terry Edlund
Newsletter Editor