RE: Alpine stand

From: Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN(at)pnm.mhs.compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 1996 - 19:00:48 CDT

The factory used a rotating stand in the production process. You can
find pictures of it on page 43 of the book "Alpine: The Classic Sunbeam" by
Chris McGovern. On Page 45 there are pictures of the car being suspended
by hooks going into the jack holes (but those holes were being used for
the stand - probably because the angle of them is such that
if you turned the car over, the car might slip out and fall down). With a
magnifying glass you may be able to see where the stand attaches. From
what I can see and hypothesize, it looks like they get attached at the
front at the cross member mounting points and at the rear at the rear
suspension mounting points - but I cannot tell for certain.

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
1999 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, California 90067