Non-member submission from [BSD%mimi(at)magic.itg.ti.com]

From: Mark J Bradakis (mjb(at)spitfire.cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 25 1996 - 16:46:33 CDT

     From: BSD%mimi(at)magic.itg.ti.com
     Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 18:05:41 CDT
     Subject: Part substititions at Sunbeam model transitions

*** Sent this on the 12th, but looks like it didn't reach the group - sorry if
it's a duplicate for anyone ***

Steven Silverstein wrote:
>I have a late SII but it had a SIII type of dash.

I also have a late S.II. While it does have a S.II dash, it appears to have
S.III (or later) seats. The few opinions I've had lean toward it being a
PO modification. However, it seems reasonable that if inventories of the old
seats were depleted, that Rootes would have transitioned to the new style
before the old model run was complete. Any thoughts one way or the other on
this?

I had planned to go back to the S.II style, but will stick with improved later
version if anyone can confirm that part substitution at model transitions
was a common Rootes practice.

Thanks and regards,
Bob Douglas