Re: Alpine script and badge (fwd)

From: Fumi Kobayashi (aa344(at)freenet.hamilton.on.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 29 1996 - 12:46:25 CDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 13:43:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: aa344(at)freenet.hamilton.on.ca
To: DonBaby58(at)aol.com
Subject: Re: Alpine script and badge

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996 DonBaby58(at)aol.com wrote:

> I know this sounds stupid, but how does one remove the chrome Alpine script
> and 1725cc badge from the car body? I can't seem to figure it out! Any
> input is appreciated!

Don: The Alpine script is held on by 3 prongs which are part of the
script molding. These prongs push in to matching holes in the body which
are fitted with " U " shaped spring loaded clips which push into the
holes. When you push the script into the holes the " U " shaped clips
grab on to the prongs. Removing the script is only a matter of prying
the script away from the body, however, corrosion of the prongs may
prevent you from doing this easily. Maybe some WD40 might help. The
1725 badge is mounted with 2 prongs in a similar manner.
Good Luck.

Fumi