What a Sunbeamer Day!

From: OldeAlp(at)aol.com
Date: Thu May 23 1996 - 01:42:12 CDT

Started off this morning with a favor to transport a nephew to the airport.
 Took the '54 Alpine to do the task - he hadn't seen it before and was very
impressed.

Made a run to the Post Office and was chased down by a gent who had owned a
"51 Sunbeam Talbot coupe' (convertible to you of the unwashed) and his sister
had owned a "53 saloon (four door sedan to the above mentioned).

At lunch, I was tracked down in the restaurant - well, bar to be exact - by
someone wanting to know who owned the beautiful blue car outside. Guilty,
sez I. We talked at length about British cars and he reminisced about his
dear old grandmothers 1959 Sunbeam Rapier which covered over 220,000 miles
without major repair before going to its great reward.

Upon returning home, an E-Mail message awaited about a car for sale.

For those of you who care, I am now the proud new owner of a _proper_ 1953
Supreme Sunbeam (Talbot) Alpine kit car. I just hope this one doesn't take
the ten years to get on the road that the last one did. Someday - maybe -
Joan will get her Jaguar Mark II.

"Ole" Olson 1961 Series 2 Alpine (OLE ALP) 1954 Mark I Alpine (OLDE ALP)
and now 1953 Mark I Alpine (SBA 53). How's them for license plates?