Re: Trunk Panels

W. R. Gibbons (gibbons(at)northpole.med.uvm.edu)
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 10:36:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 May 1996 tstiffy(at)pulsenet.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source for hardboard material? I want to make side
> trunk panels for my series I. The material has an embosed grain and painted
> black. E-mail me if you know of anyone. Thanks.
>
> Tim Stiffy
> Series I Alpine

I don't know if it is still available, but it used to be possible to buy tempered masonite with a leather grain. I used it to make interior panels on a Jeepster. The stuff I bought was brown, but took paint very well. It is very tough stuff, better than the treated cardboard originally used.

Ray Gibbons Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT gibbons(at)northpole.med.uvm.edu (802) 656-8910