RE: Smog/ Emissions Bills

From: Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN(at)pnm.mhs.compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 1996 - 11:46:26 CDT

FORWARDED MESSAGE from (MAIL (at) CSERVE {INTERNET:DonBaby58(at)aol.com}) at
7/31/96 4:14p

Don writes:

The following bills have been passed or are in
debate in the California state government. After
a quick glance, it is unclear to me that any of these
measures are what have been described by those on the
list thus far. These are the current bills:

AB 2018 - passed
SB 621 - passed
SB 1195
SB 63

Maybe one of you lawyer types out there will
have better success at accessing
the information than me.

Don Lepore
Series V
***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN (at) PNM) at 7/31/96 4:11p
I checked each of the refenced bills. AB 2018 addresses absent voters
ballots, SB 621 addresses public utilities and power lines, SB 1195
addresses entry of judgment. Maybe the numbers Don found are from
previous sessions.

SB 63, however, deals with air polution: "This bill would require the
Department of Consumer Affairs to develop and implement either the Repair
Subsidy Program or a program that would provide for a 12 month economic
hardship extension for vehicles from biennial certificate of compliance
requirement under special circumstances. This bill contains other related
provisions."

It was signed into law at the end of 1995. I have ordered a copy to see
what the "other related provisions" are. I could not find any other new
bills (new since August of 1995) that address smog rules. There could be
other bills pending that have not had any action since August. I will see
what I can find out.

Jay Laifman