RE: Smog Check II

From: Spontelli, Ramon (rs11(at)elsegundoca.ncr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 1996 - 15:47:00 CDT

For what it's worth, I had to do the Capri last week, and
here's the exciting new developments I got from the
ordeal:

1. You don't get a smog certificate to send to the DMV with
      your renewal anymore. Each smog check machine makes
      a connection to Big Bro's computer, and they immediately
      have a record of your test and the results.

     You do still get a printout of the test results, and, presuming your
      car passes, the printout includes the certificate number.

2. Fail twice and your car gets classified as a "gross polluter" and
     must go straight to the referee.

3. The smog check guy CAN, however, still check your car, probe your
      pipe(s), and give you an off-the-record indication of your chances
      of success before logging onto the Sacramento Sh*t-head Box.

What a crock!

Ramon