Re: Spammers

From: Spontelli, Ramon (rs11(at)elsegundoca.ncr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 1996 - 14:23:00 CDT

> I, for one, can live without the marginal utility that the "WHO" command
> provides.

I either need the "who" function or an occasional update of who's on the
lists. Since they shifted onto this silly-ass MS-MAIL system, all my list
messages appear to come from tigers-owner or alpines-owner. If I slip
up and just select "Reply" or "Reply All" I get a reminder from J.T. that
that's a no-no.

The system captures the address of people who send something directly
to me, but if I want to respond to someone who posted to the list, I have to

use the "who" command to find their address.

It's a royal pain, but I can't complain about it 'cause I really, really
like the
price!

> Imagine paper junk mail showing up in your mailbox -
> with postage due!!

Excellent analogy Dick!

Ramon
rs11(at)ElSegundoCA.ncr.com