Re: "New" Series V - day 3

From: Russell Maddock (rmaddock(at)petrie.starway.net.au)
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 06:42:09 CDT

Steve Van Ronk wrote:

> 2. Under carpets on floor, tranny tunnel, etc. - everything is covered
> with stuff that looks a lot like regular roofing tar paper and solidly
> glued to the metal with stuff that looks a lot like roofing tar,
> including covering the inspection covers on the tranny housing. Is that
> the way it comes from the factory?

That roofing tar *sounds* like what I found under the carpets of both my
Sunbeams, and most of the Rootes cars my dad has owned. It was stuck
over the inspection covers and all. I don't remember either of my cars
having the paper covering, but now that I think about it my dad's Rapier
IIIA might have it.

Russell