Re: Alpine IV- Tonneau

From: Sergio Dimarmo (wanderer(at)sure.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 17:04:30 CDT

Philippe Miloda wrote:

> I would like to have a cover for the Alpine whenever the softtop is down
> and I park the car (as it is such a hassle to put up the softtop).
> Specially here in the tropics the seat does get terribly hot otherwise.
> As I do not have any manual, I do not know if a tonneau (is that the right
> term?) was originally sold as an option with the car. But I could have one
> made easely in the Philipines.
>
> Question: - Was a tonneau ever offered for the car?
> - How to attach it to the body on the sides (door) and the back? - The
> knobs in front I suppose are for that purpose.
> - where could I get such knobs/snap-button? Any shop which mails these
> items? Cost? How many needed?
>
> As I (as a greenhorn just) got an Alpine IV I have and will have a lot of
> questions - tks for the feedback!
>
> Philippe Miloda

Yes, there is a cover available. I bought mine from Sunbeam Specialties
in San Jose, Calif., USA. I don't know if it might be available close to
you but you can get it. The one I bought came with all the snaps and
buttons for the cover. There should be some existing pins on your car
for this purpose (front part of the dash pad & next to front wind wings,
also one on the cubby box). I think I paid around $100.00 now they're
$150.00 US.

The number to Sunbeam Specialties is: 408-371-1642.

Sergio