Series V's & Australian Shepards

From: Steve Van Ronk (glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 14:17:17 CDT

Russell,

Bloody oath, mate! Of course you don't have Australian Shepards in
Australia! Why do you think the Chinese Gooseberry is called a "Kiwi
Fruit"?

An Australian Shepard is one of the most intelligent and popular dogs in
the US. Ozzies call them "mungrels" and they come from cross breeding a
Queensland Blue Heeler, a Border Collie, and a Dingo. Yanks have been
breeding them through the American Kennel Clubs for show and working
stock. Unfortunately the new inbread show stock is starting to develop
serious problems with hyperactivity, hip displaysia, and dog neurosis.
They are still great dogs, but capitalism threatens to water down a
really good mungrel. It is sort of like putting that little Chrystler
emblem (what did you Pommies call it - "puckered butt"?) on one of the
last breed of good working class British sports car before phasing it
out.

Oh well! Some of us Yanks still have enough cultural appreciation to
keep these cars on the road and feed the dogs.

Sorry to diverge for you technophiles, but I am sitting in the office
because the UPS guy told me he is bringing my new carpets and top
today. The money is burning a hole in my pocket and I am anxious to go
out and finish the undercoater. More later.

Steve Van Ronk
glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com