Re: Alpine Insurance

From: rootes(at)ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon Apr 21 1997 - 13:01:15 CDT

Klickitat(at)aol.com wrote:

> What resources are available to insure a Alpine, many companies won't. Any
> good sources? Also finding someone to appraise it is a problem any ideas on
> this?

I'm in southern California and have always had good luck with the Auto
Club (AAA). I've insured Alpines and a Tiger with them and when the
Tiger was hit, by a hit and run driver, AAA was very good and
professional in handling the claim for me with no hassles. This was
several years ago so I can't vouch for their policies now, however. As a
point of reference, I always have had full liability and comp. &
collision on the cars as they were my daily drivers. You might want to
try your AAA club in whatever state you are in.

As to valuation, they'll let you use either "replacement value" or set a
specific value for the car. They will insist on an inspection of the
car, of course, to determine value.

Steve Sage