RE: Mazda powered alpine???

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 10:08:00 CDT

Richard wrote,

>I realy liked the Lotus Big Valve Twin Cam
>engines. After looking closely at it, I wasn't certain that it would
>fit under the sloping hood of the Alpine. It is a tall engine, as are
>most overhead cam engines, and I didn't think that the cam covers with
>their cam spoket bulges at the front of the cover would clear the hood

The lotus engine it trully tall, but it is mounted at an angle
(20degrees?)
just like the post rootes 1725 motors, so it stands a much better chance
of clearing the hoodline. The Jenson Heally was very similar in size
and
hood height to the Alpine.

Also the Jenson/Lotus affair ocurrend in the early 70s, but was well
after
Rootes had been absorbed by Chryslor.

Jarrid