Re: whitewall horizon

From: Lauri Lehtinen (lauri(at)lorenzo.pp.fi)
Date: Sun Apr 27 1997 - 03:28:54 CDT

>This is all from memory. I'll dig out the article if you listers want.
If you can, please, do it. I don't have whitewalls, but I write to the
finnish "Mobilisti" magazine, and all this is very important for safety.

>BTW. I've had two Horizons. they were real dogs, with terrible gearbox action
>and lots of rust. Of course they won European Car of The Year.!!
>
>Andy Whiteford

Well, you have seen nothing yet. In Finland Talbot Horizon was put together
for several years. There was a time when some of these were turned (for
practical taxing reasons) to use "petrol", which is a fuel between kerosine
and normal motor gas/benzine/petrol. It has octane rate of about 60-70, and
it is normally used in old marine or agricultural engines.

If you call normal Horizon a dog, this is something which is a decade worse.

I quess one or two survived for historical reasons.

Larry
Helsinki