Re: Smiths Clock

From: CMeinel464(at)aol.com
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 09:10:20 CDT

Dick,

Your correct when you say the clock (from factory) would be connected to the
lower poll on the lighting switch. On my Alpine & Tiger it was a brown/blue
wire from the clock. Early in my Alpine ownership I noticed that the clock
was keeping bad time and after trying the little plus/minus adjuster several
times, I made the change to direct connection to the ignition switch and the
problem was solved.

To the best of my knowledge that brown/blue wire is in all Alpines and Tigers
regardless to if you had a factory clock or not.

It might also have something to do with the ever present poor grounding that
screws up almost everything in our cars?????

Best regards,
Curt
Classic Sunbeam