Parts protection

From: John Carriere (JOHNC(at)dnr.state.la.us)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 17:56:32 CDT

Here's a question for the masses.
I recently spent too much time and money rebuilding the brake system on
a car which all along should have been relegated as a parts car. Now
that I have come to my senses I want to cut my losses and need to
know what can be done to protect these parts. Everything is installed
on the vehicle. Do I need to pull everything off, tear it apart then clean
and coat all parts with tranny fluid? Is there an easier way? I've got
this crazy idea of flushing the system with denatured alcohol then
pulling the parts for storage in a dry environment.

This is what I've rebuilt or purchased new and want to protect:
rebuilt master cylinder,
New hoses, caliper pistons, rear wheel seals ect....
All reasonable advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
John
S III
SIV parts car