Re: How fast am I going?

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Tue May 13 1997 - 12:54:00 CDT

Bob and Alpiners.

>Jarrid, Do you happen to know if running a tube in the radial can
change this
>number significantly? I wouldn't think so, but would be interested to
know what
>the tire manufacturer said if you happened to ask.
>
>Regards, Bob Douglas

Probably not enough to worry about provided the tire tread area is flat
to the
ground.

Some people use inner tubes to increase the sidewall rigidity on the
front
or rear to help compensate for oversteer or understeer. Other less
fortunate
people have to use them because the have wire wheels or leaky rims.

I doubt you'll get data from any manufacturer of tubeless tires, on what
the
rolling radius would be on a tire with inner tubes.

Also, most low profile tires (50 and below) dont work well with inner
tubes as
the tires inside shape does not allow the inner tube to conform well to
the
tire.

Jarrid Gross