Re: Finland+Ring gear bolts

From: Lauri Lehtinen (lauri(at)lorenzo.pp.fi)
Date: Mon May 19 1997 - 14:49:20 CDT

>12.9=1100
>8.8 is the same as 5 SAE. Maybe we should get some grade 12.9 ones. : )
>Tom

I have a set of 12.9 bolts, but they have allen head, so they might be too
high to clear bearing seats. I must try.

Larry

PS: I tried, allen head suits well! I go and find a lathe, cut them to 5/8"
length (or 11/16") and torgue them with some thread adhesive. Should I use
plain steel washer or split (spring type) one?

I do not know what is cheap, I paid about 1 USD per bolt, yet sunny spring
days are worth at least 12$ each.

Lauri