Free to a good home, Series IV parts car (MPLS/STP)

From: John Adams (adams(at)rand.org)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 20:27:35 CDT

I am done with the body work on my Tiger restoration and I am ready to
pass my parts Alpine on to the next lucky owner. This is probably only
of interest to Minnesotans. I shipped a nice dry southwestern Alpine to
MN for body parts.

The bad news:
3 of the 4 corners are gone, only the left rear is uncut.
Left door is gone, right door is banged up a bit.
Most trim is gone. hood and trunk lid are gone.

The good news:
This car died when the automatic transmission went. The engine might be
of some use. It looks pretty good externally but hasn't run in a decade.
Carbs, manifold, some other engine stuff might be useful.

The chassis, steering, and rear end are fine. You could probably cut some
nice metal out of the trunk and floors if you were repairing MN rust. You
could modernize the rear of your Series II.

The car is in Inver Grover Heights, MN. It is free but I would like whoever
takes it to take it all and minimize bothering my parents. I definitely
do not want someone with a plasma cutter parting this car out in their
driveway. I live in CA now and can't help you load it up. I think this car
is a good match for someones parts needs.