RE: Rod Bolts

From: Spontelli, Ramon (rs11(at)elsegundoca.ncr.com)
Date: Tue May 27 1997 - 11:57:00 CDT

> Ramon where are you?

rs11(at)ElSegundoCA.ncr.com

> Last fall Ramon was working on a production run of high
> quality rod bolts. Are any of these specially produced bolts still
> available?

Yep. We got ARP rod bolts for Series II through V Alpines.

They cost $35.00 per set if you can come to my house and pick them up, or
arrange to meet me someplace. Or for $4.00 more, I'll ship 'em via USPS
inside the continental United States; substantially more to other parts of
the planet.

Here's the ad copy I sent to the newsletter editors of the clubs I belong
to:

Parts for Sale--ARP rod bolts for Series II through V Alpines. A
cooperative venture of subscribers to the Alpine list on the Internet
produced a limited supply of high-performance rod bolts, manufactured by
Automotive Racing Products (ARP) of Santa Paula, California. Forged from
8740 chrome moly steel with a 190,000-psi tensile strength rating, these
bolts are amoung the strongest available for OEM replacement rods. Each set
includes eight 2-3/8-inch 11/32-inch rod bolts, eight nuts, specially
formulated ARP moly-based lubricant, and instructions for both the stretch
(0.0066 to 0.0070 inch) and torque (35 ft. lbs.) tightening methods. The
price is $35.00 per set, plus shipping and handling, which ranges from
$4.00, in the United States, to $9.20 for Australia and New Zealand. Call
Ramon Spontelli, Pointy Fin Race Team, at 714/642-6023, 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.,
Pacific Time, during the week or whenever you feel lucky during the weekend.

So, Rob, if you want to save the phone call, just send me private e-mail,
and I'll tell you where to send the check. (All my list traffic comes from
alpines-owner; I can't get your e-mail address from your list posting.)

Ramon