Re: Gold?

From: DSand95510(at)aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 22:56:58 CDT

In a message dated 97-10-01 14:49:01 EDT,
STUART_BRENNAN(at)HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com writes:

> At SUNI 1 there was an Alpine that had all of it's bright metals GOLD
> PLATED. Gold bumpers, badges, Alpine script, wipers, door handles,
> stuff in the engine compartment, etc. A bunch of kids did it, and one
> of their fathers had a plating shop. As I recall, it was out of the
> Northwest, Oregon, Washington or maybe B. C. Has this car ever
> surfaced again?

The gold-plated Series I at SUNI I was owned by Troy Cooper, who lives near
Vancouver, BC.. He sold the car to a Californian about three years ago, and
has since done an even better restoration of a Series II (not gold-plated).
 When I spoke to him a few months ago, he said he hadn't heard from the buyer
of the gold-plated special since he sold it.

Dick Sanders
Seattle