brake servo rebuild

From: Ray Frazier (ray(at)why.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 16:50:55 CDT

As I was attempting to rebuild a brake servo unit for my series 3 (the 5
1/2 inch size) I ran into a problem. there is a bushing which is made of a
Bakelite material with a white plastic spacer further down the bore. these
were seized to the point where removal is impossible(I broke the Bakelite
bushing and gave up before doing any more damage). I have now left it aver
night to soak in liquid wrench lubricating oil.
Now for the questions:
1. does any one have any great ideas on how to remove the spacer without
further damage to it and the bore.

2. does any one have a replacement bushing or spacer for this unit.

Also, I am interested in a series 3 hardtop if any one knows where I might
find one.

thanks
Ray Frazier series 3 9202751