SAOC Horn

From: Jay Laifman (Jay_Laifman(at)countrywide.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 16:59:54 CDT

Some Alpine related stuff, and some unrelated stuff that is just amazing:

First, I finally got my last 3 issues of the Horn. I was very impressed to
see our very own Tom Wiencek on the cover with his car. Is that a first?
A US member and his car on the cover of the Horn?

Now to the unrelated stuff:

Right now on CNN.Com:

Honda has come out with a car that puts out exhaust that is cleaner air
than the air in LA! Granted, it is probably still dirty for a cleaner air
area, but it is still amazing.

And more amazing, is an article about a scientist who has been able to
clone a frog, and by manipulating the genes, produce the frog without a
head, or other limbs he manipulates. The article discusses the
possibilities of just cloning certain organs and a heart to circulate
blood. Others still complain that it is creating a mutant life form. I
remember reading books theorizing about this, not to mention sci fi
"what-if" books on it. But, now it seems to be here. Wild, just wild.
Sign me up to be energized and beamed somewhere - since that must be what
is next, and point me in the direction of the nearest worm-hole.

Speaking of space, I just read an article on CNN about a new discovery by
the Hubble telescope. It mentions that the Milky Way and the Andromeda
galaxy are on a collision course, closing the gap at a speed of 300,000
miles per hour. As Andromeda is currently 2.2 million light years away,
the collision will happen no sooner than 5 million years in the future, by
which point the sun may have burned out, reducing the Earth to a lifeless
lump of rock.

So who cares about clean air?
Have a nice day.

Jay

P.S. And, how about Reagan's Star Wars lazers now being a reality!