Re: Practical Classics-Alpine Restoration?

From: Jay Laifman (Jay_Laifman(at)countrywide.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 10:32:12 CST

Ray writes: "Does anyone Know if Practical Classics Magazine has ever done
a =
restoration series on an Alpine? If so, in what issues? Also does =
anyone have a list of Alpine related articles in Practical Classics? =
Any help would be appreciated."

I have an article by them on the Alpine. I think the article was in the
mid to late 80's. I'll have to dig it up. From my recollection, it was
just one of those standard "not as fast, but better built and prettier"
Alpine articles. It also had some beautiful pictures of an early Series I
with purple/blue paint and red interior. It was really sharp. Classics
and Sportscars also did an article on the Alpine which I think was a little
better. It was their "centerfold" car, with studio shots of what looked
like a factory new light blue car.

Jay