I.D. plates

From: Ray Frazier (rayf(at)airmail.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 23:19:16 CST

At the risk of starting up the I.D. plate thread again, I need to refurbish the ones on my Series 3 and need some information. Mine are blank except for the numbers stamped into the parts ordering plate. I am aware of the concerns involved with removing the plates so I don't want to start that thread up again.

Does anyone have a good scannable picture of the I.D. plates for an alpine that they could e-mail me?
Or, alternatively, does anyone know where I might find a picture of one?
Also, there are duplicates available for MGs, are there any similar duplicates available for Sunbeams?
Finally, on the main plate (the larger one) was the I.D. information printed on or was part of it supposed to be stamped into the metal?