Re: Em. Brake Handle

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 1998 - 14:55:00 CST

 ----------
From: Tony Leeming

>I had the same problem and installed a coil spring as Ramon suggests.
>It works fine as long as you don't push the button in too far and then
>it hangs up inside! It's been like that for 8 years.
>Tony Leeming
>Series II

I got lazy with mine.

I noticed the bottom of the lever (toward the pivot) there is a plate
that is retained by a screw. I opened it, and saw that the backside
of the button was up in there, and the spring probably should have been
too.

I didnt have time to fix it propper, so I stuffed a piece of neoprene
seal up in there, which acts now as a spring.

Sure it was cheesie, but that was 6 years ago, and it still works.

Dont tell the tech inspectors though!
SSSSHHHH!!!

Jarrid Gross