RE: Fuel tank sensor

From: Bob Douglas (b-douglas(at)ti.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 16:01:07 CST

From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat(at)MICROSOFT.com>

> I would strongly suggest that the floats be washed inside and
> out and dried before you bring open flame near them....!!

You can use a soldering gun or high wattage iron (as used for stained glass) to
avoid the greater risk of an open flame on a leaky float. Worked well on mine.

BTW - I farmed the task of repairing and sealing the gas tank out to a local
radiator shop. If I had done it myself, I would have coated the float with the
tank sealer too. Just something to consider for next time.

Regards, Bob Douglas