RE: dash color

Jarrid Gross (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:40:00 -0800

From: Spontelli, Ramon

>I'm confused.

>Bondo comes with a catalyst already. You mixed that up and then added
>in another resin/catalyst?

>That sounds inherently ungood to me.

I dont use the "Red" catalist that comes with the bondo when I mix the bondo with the resin. Instead I use the clear "MEKP" catalist that cures the polyester resin.

I found that the bondo's catalist gave it a red color I didnt like, and the red catalist has an inert gritty powder mixed in with it that leaves micro-pinholes.

Both catalists are MEKP based, and both cure equally well, but I prefer the clear catalist for the above reasons.

Ramon, you've seen my dash and cowl, what did you think?

Jarrid