RE: radius arm bushings

William Lewis (wrlewis(at)ucdavis.edu)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:18:53 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Richard Atherton (Entex) wrote:

> You should check the slop in the differential by putting it in
> neutural, apply the hand brake, and twist the drive shaft at the
> differential. there should be almost no slop, or at leas very little when

Some of us with very worn splines on the wire wheels can have considerable slop when turning the drive shaft that does not implicate the differential. People with bolt on wheels don't have to factor this into the equation.

Bill Lewis Series II (with very worn splines...someday I will replace them...but those rear hubs are a real pain to pull)