Re: Water Pump Question

CHUCK NICODEMUS (SEALMSTR(at)ICCOM.COM)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:58:09 -0800

Chris S. Mottram wrote:

> Chris S. Mottram(at)ECCI
> 03/20/98 08:16 AM
>
> How do I know if my water pump is going bad? I had it off for a few
> months. When I spin the fan, it doesn't feel very "free".

Chris as long as it does't leak and /or make noise you probably pretty safe to reinstall.

> It spins but
> there is noticable drag. How free should the water pump spin? What do I
> do to fix it, or are reconditioned ones available.

I can get reconditioned ones here in portland , or and are around 50. potatoeessUS. I just had mine rebuilt not even 5 mo's ago.. Most rebuilders can doit for you , you may ask your local NAPA store for a source. chuck series ll