Re: R&T

From: DSand95510 (DSand95510(at)aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 20:02:01 CDT

In a message dated 98-04-20 17:12:13 EDT, Jay_Laifman(at)countrywide.com writes:

>While you are at it, see if you can find out some history on this strange
>phenomenon. That is, who painted it? Why did the artist choose an Alpine
>over a Tiger? Why did R&T put a picture of an Alpine in, where exotics
>normally go?

By today's standards, aren't Alpines pretty exotic looking?

I think the artist's name was listed as Nate Young.

>From the color and the missing bumperettes, the car looks somewhat familiar.
There was a similar Series V featured last year on the syndicated show "World
of Collector Cars." I missed the owner's name, but I believe he was from
Texas (where the car was being displayed at a show). Perhaps the model for
the artist?

Dick Sanders
Seattle