Re: Parts & Questions

From: Christopher Albers (Christopher.Albers(at)bubbs.biola.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 04 1999 - 14:01:54 CDT

CANISDOG(at)aol.com writes:
>* Anyone know which I should go with in sleeving my hydraulics,
>Stainless or
>Brass? Has anyone had "White Post Restorations" do any sleeve work?
>They
>are in Virginia, they sound very good. Been in biz since 1940 and they
>crank
>out about 200 pieces a day. But not cheep, about $175.00 per Master or
>Slave
>cylinder. $80.00 per wheel. But get this, one day turnaround and a
>lifetime
>warranty. The stuff come back to you ready to bolt on with a durable
>clear
>finish on. They also do boosters and brake shoes if you really have a
>rare
>item. See there web site at, www.whitepost.com

I had my booster and master done by a guy by the name of George
Frechette, who also advertises in Hemmings along with White Post. If I
recall correctly, I paid about $50 for the master. But here's the
killer, I paid $150 for my booster. That's five stepped bores at $30
per bore. Pretty good price. Of course, mine was the first Girling
he'd ever done, so maybe he didn't know what he was getting into. All
the work was done in stainless and he guarantees his work. Good turn
around time as well. His ad now advertises masters for $60 and clutch,
wheel, calipers for $40. He's a semi-retired machinist with a shop in
his basement. Very nice man

George Frechette
14 Cedar Dr.
Granby, MA 01033