The Great Late SV Alpine Headlight Ring Search

From: Patrick Wheeler (pwheeler(at)ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 22:55:05 CDT

In trying to restore my 1967 SV that got hit in February I am desperately
searching for a headlight ring to replace the one that got crunched. It is
a late model SV without the 'hooded' look that was used on almost all
previous Alpines, is more round, and was also used on the Tigers (which may
in part account for its apparent rarity). Two advertisements in last months
Hemming's were the best I could find, but no luck in contacting them. Can
anyone help? Maybe a cross post to the Tiger list to help out a poor down
and out fellow Rootes enthusiast?

One of these days I'll have to write a post on how _not_ to recover from an
accident. It'll start with not getting hit by a gypsy cab company that is
sneaky enough not to provide their own insurance company with _any_
information about the accident (this gets their insurance to 'refuse
coverage' and throw you back on your own under-covered un-insured motorists
coverage), spend quite a lot of time discussing the perils of trying to work
too hard to earn enough money to pay other people to do things incorrectly
when you are perfectly capable of destroying good parts your own. All I am
waiting for to finish the story is a happy ending. Anybody have a spare
Mark II (?) headlight rim (left side preferably) they'd be willing to part
with for something less than the Queen's ransom?

Thanks

-Patrick Wheeler
Richmond, CA
1967 SV,
Miss August on the 1999 Sunbeam Calendar
http://www.netcom.com/~pwheeler/alpineouch.htm
http://www.sunbeamalpine.com/profiles/patrickwheeler/patrickwheeler.html